As some of you are already aware, Certifications is a fantastic feature for trade licencing due to it’s auditable approval process. However, it’s functionality for managing training programmes that involve more than courses is often underutilised.
There are a number of useful aspects to this feature, such as:
- Design your workflow – create a set of requirements that can be tracked (eg one or more courses complete, payment received, identification supplied etc);
- Automated communication for the certification – not only will they receive the event communication, you can also set up certification confirmation, approval and expiry reminders;
- If renewal is required, this process can also be managed through Certifications including renewal specific requirements;
- Version control – if requirements change, you can choose to create a new version and decide whether those in progress follow the original version or update them to the latest version;
- Store a full auditable trail, including when and who approved each Certification.
This means you could just as easily create a Certification for a licence (where person is required to attend and pass a course, and potentially sit a retest annually) as you could create a diploma programme where there a number of courses and assessments that need to be completed before the diploma is achieved. Not only that, but reporting to a governing body is a breeze.
So whether it’s for licencing, training programmes, or just to acknowledge that your students have been wanting to be pirates for years and give them informal recognition for it like MIT did, Certifications may be the way to go.
Certification is only available on our Arlo Enterprise plan. If you’d like to discuss adding it to your platform, you can contact our Sales Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 890 888 (NZ) or 1800 633 697 (AU).