Sales Development Representative
What you’ll do
As the SDR your primary responsibility will be to assist in the initial stages of our pre-sales process. This will involve contacting leads and working with the wider sales team to qualify those leads and move them through the sales pipeline. The triaging you will be doing will focus approximately on 70% inbound triaging and 30% outbound phone calling. This is not a cold calling focused role. Ensuring prospects are triaged quickly and efficiently are key to the success of this position.
- Follow-up on inbound and provide appropriate information to foster relationships.
- Running outbound, targeted sales campaigns to identify new prospects and generate leads.
- Nurture leads until they become qualified and ready to book a demo with a Sales Consultant.
- Research prospects online and in social media platforms such as LinkedIn. Use the information to build a profile of the lead.
- Respond to live website chat enquiries and, in the process, identify and qualify hot prospects.
- Respond to general sales enquiries.
- Engage in relevant online forums to identify and reach out to new leads.
- Maintain detailed documentation and analysis of leads in our CRM.
- At times, you may be asked to deliver live online sales demos.
- At times, you may be asked to attend conferences where Arlo exhibits. (ATD Conference)
Experience & capabilities
- 1+ years experience in sales, marketing, or customer support.
- Outbound telesales specifically in the software industry would be an advantage.
Skills & qualifications
- Strong drive to achieve targets and thrives in a sales focused environment.
- Educated to degree level preferred but not essential.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate data into insights.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intuitive software skills or an interest in software would be an advantage.
- Someone who knows how to have fun and interacts well on a personal level; team fit is important
- Comfortable in a small team environment where you need to move quickly.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a “can do” attitude.
- This is a full time role.
- Arlo does have a flexible WFH policy.
- The role will start as fully WFH. Upon Toronto office opening, then the ability to be in the office 2 days per week is a must.
A bit about us
Arlo is an award-winning global business with HQ in Wellington, New Zealand, and offices in the UK and Canada.
We believe that human interaction is still at the heart of effective learning. Blend that philosophy with the latest e-learning tech, Arlo is fast becoming the preferred solution of choice for commercial training providers globally.
Arlo has been developed as the definitive tool to run a training operation, helping our clients save time, grow sales and transform the way their training is delivered. With customers in over 70 countries and processing over $1b since conception, Arlo is the realisation of that vision.
That success is put down to a combination of super-talented and passionate individuals, who never stop pushing the envelope and with a single-minded focus to make training management easy and accessible.
Why come and work for Arlo?
- Globally relevant – we’re a software company that operates globally and is growing fast.
- Modern kit – dual screens, standing desks, work-from-home tech
- Professional development – we strive to give you ongoing time to continually better yourself.
We are reviewing applications as we go, so apply today!
We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging, and lifting our cultural capability. You don’t need to be knowledgeable in these areas, but you do need to be on board with learning. And please let us know in your application if we need to make specific accommodations during our process.