What you’ll do
As Junior Engineer you will be the glue between Engineering and Support teams. You will add value to our customers by working to improve our platform with a focus on usability, integrations, bug fixes and overall product enhancements.
What you will be doing
- Owning the technical support role, delivering solutions to technical problems
- Working within the development team to upskill, understand our application and improve and automate processes around technical support role
- Working closely with the support team to understand customer requirements and pain points
- Fixing bugs and being involved in new feature development
What you will bring:
- A highly motivated and passionate person who wants to be part of a team of high achievers
- Inquisitive mind and motivation to learn new things.
- Someone who knows how to have fun and interacts well on a personal level; team fit is important.
- Have a passion for keeping up with the latest technology.
- An excellent communicator.
You will be responsible for:
- 2nd Level technical support for our global Service Support team
- Technical development of key features and bug fixes
- Hands-on involvement in application development and testing.
Experience & Capabilities
- A tertiary qualification or qualification from Dev Academy or similar retraining BootCamps.
- At least one year’s C# or Java software development experience and any SQL DB experience.
- Experience working within an agile development process would be a bonus.
Skills & qualifications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills, with the ability to adapt to and accept other approaches.
- Results-driven mentality, self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a “can do” attitude.
- Comfort in a dynamic environment where you need to move quickly.
A bit about us
Arlo is an award-winning global business with HQ in Wellington, New Zealand, and offices in the UK and Canada.
This role is primarily based in our brand new water-front office in Petone, Wellington – coffee with ocean views is incomparable – with the flexibility to choose where you work from 2 days a week.
We believe that human interaction is still at the heart of effective learning. Blend that philosophy with the latest e-learning tech, Arlo is fast becoming the preferred solution of choice for commercial training providers globally.
Arlo has been developed as the definitive tool to run a training operation, helping our clients save time, grow sales and transform the way their training is delivered. With customers in over 70 countries and processing over $1b since conception, Arlo is the realisation of that vision.
That success is put down to a combination of super-talented and passionate individuals, who never stop pushing the envelope and with a single-minded focus to make training management easy and accessible.
Why come and work for Arlo?
- Globally relevant – we’re a software company that operates globally and is growing fast.
- Hybrid – 3 days in the office, 2 days you choose where you work from.
- Modern kit – dual screens, standing desks, work-from-home tech
- Professional development – we strive to give you ongoing time to continually better yourself.
Please apply now by sending your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know a bit about you and what you would bring to the role.
We are reviewing applications as we go, so apply today!
We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging, and lifting our cultural capability. You don’t need to be knowledgeable in these areas, but you do need to be on board with learning. And please let us know in your application if we need to make specific accommodations during our process.