A bit about us
Arlo is an award-winning global business with HQ in Wellington, New Zealand and offices in the UK and Canada.
This role is primarily based in our brand new water-front office in Petone, Wellington – coffee with ocean views is incomparable – with flexibility to choose where you work from 2 days a week.
We believe that human interaction is still at the heart of effective learning. Blend that philosophy with the latest elearning tech, Arlo is fast becoming the preferred solution of choice for commercial training providers globally.
Arlo has been developed as the definitive tool to run a training operation, helping our clients save time, grow sales and transform the way their training is delivered. With customers in over 70 countries and processing over $1b since conception, Arlo is the realisation of that vision.
That success is put down to a combination of super talented and passionate individuals, who never stop pushing the envelope and with the single-minded focus to make training management easy and accessible.
What you’ll do
As a Full Stack Developer at Arlo, you will be responsible for implementing, maintaining and supporting our enterprise SaaS product. New features to deliver value to our customers will be designed, developed and supported using modern DevOps and continuous delivery as core principles within your full stack cross functional development squad. Existing features must be supported and improved to ensure customer satisfaction and the quality, security and stability of our product is maintained. Collaborating with your squad of developers and testers, the product team and other technical leads is critical to understand the business objectives and technical requirements so that the best way to deliver the solution is agreed together.
You will be responsible for:
- Hands-on involvement in full stack feature development and testing with a bias towards front end
- Learning and promoting modern design patterns, development principles and security standards
- Looking after our customers by managing technical support requests, diagnostics and bug fixes
- Actively contributing to our evidence based continual improvement Ways of Working initiatives
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the development, maintenance and support of .NET web applications
- Proficiency with multiple front-end technologies including: Vue, ExtJs, Knockout, jQuery, CSS/SASS
- Working knowledge of Agile/SCRUM principles
- Unit, integration and automation testing
- It would be an advantage to have
- Understanding of dependency injection, IoC concepts, SOLID principles
- Knowledge of SQL Server queries and stored procedures
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery practices
- AWS cloud infrastructure and Azure DevOps
- Working in a hybrid / remote environment
Skills & qualifications
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate data into insights.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfort in a startup environment where you need to move quickly and wear many hats.
- Results-driven mentality, self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a “can do” attitude.
Why come and work for Arlo?
- Globally relevant – we’re a software company that operates globally and is growing fast.
- Hybrid – 3 days in the office, 2 days you choose where you work from.
- Modern kit – dual screens, standing desks, work from home tech
- Professional development – we strive to give you ongoing time to continually better yourself.
Please apply now with your CV and a cover letter letting us know a bit about you and what you would bring to the role. We are reviewing applications as we go, so apply today.