A bit about us
Arlo is an award-winning global business with our HQ in Wellington, New Zealand, and offices in the UK and Canada.
This role is primarily based in our brand new water-front office in Petone, Wellington – coffee with ocean views is incomparable – with flexibility to choose where you work from 2 days a week.
We believe that human interaction is still at the heart of effective learning. Blending that philosophy with the latest e-learning tech, Arlo is fast becoming the preferred solution of choice for commercial training providers globally.
Arlo has been developed as the definitive tool to run a training operation, helping our clients save time, grow sales and transform how their training is delivered. With customers in over 70 countries and processing over $1B since conception, Arlo is the realization of that vision.
While our customers are as critical to our success as we are to theirs, our people are the heart and soul of Arlo. We aren’t just a group of people who work together. We connect and care about each other. We have fun and we work through the challenges together. We are committed to providing an excellent working environment supporting a balance between work, family, and personal life while driving productivity and connection.
What you’ll do
As the Senior Platform Engineer, you will help in establishing, building, and ensuring that Arlo’s platform and customers are safe and secure. You will help pave the way for Security at Arlo, with hands-on problem-solving and educating our developers in building modern and adaptable security services. You are a team player and get to work with a small tight-knit group of amazing engineers in our waterfront office
You will be responsible for:
- Work closely with Lead Platform Engineer, PSE, and other peers and stakeholders to develop and deliver the Platform Roadmap
- Ensure we follow good industry practices and keep our platform modern, fast, secure, and reliable
- Mentoring the development team on best practices and improving automation of manual development processes.
- Create and maintain tools for continuous integration of code across development and production
- Support current DB servers and enable migration to a new solution
- Modernise and containerization AWS solution architecture
- Managing scalability, architecture & design concerns for production environments
- Creating and maintaining Infrastructure as Code (IaC) scripts
- Participating in design and code reviews to verify and validate changes to software code related to infrastructure, security, or deployment processes.
- Support Reliability best practices across engineering teams
- Working to resolve issues and problems with systems and software, coordinating incident responses, performing root cause analysis, and implementing mitigating actions.
- Ensure the stable performance of the systems through the monitoring, analysis, identification, and resolution of issues
- Participating in our rotating 24/7 on-call roster, ensuring the security, health, and reliability of our platform.
What you’ll bring
- At least 5 years of cloud engineering experience
- Experience working in an AWS environment, using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Experience working with build and release pipelines.
- Experience working closely in engineering teams, participating in design and code review processes from a DevOps and security perspective, and cutting code when necessary.
- Experience working with a Microsoft deployment stack, including .NET, Windows Server, IIS, SQL Server.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate data into insights.
- Results-driven mentality, self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a “can do” attitude.
Nice to have (but not essential) experience with:
- Azure Application Insights
- Microsoft Sentinel
Please apply now with your CV and a cover letter letting us know a bit about you and what you would bring to the role. We are reviewing applications as we go, so apply today.