Test Analyst required at our award-winning, global SaaS company.
- Work with a talented team of dedicated people
- Be part of a rapidly growing New Zealand success story
- Challenging role where you will grow fast
Exciting opportunity for a talented individual who loves to ship excellent software, and wants to join a team that is taking on a global marketplace.
A bit about Arlo!
Arlo is an award-winning global business based in central Lower Hutt.
Here at Arlo, we believe that human interaction is still at the heart of effective learning. Blend that philosophy with the latest elearning tech, Arlo is fast becoming the preferred solution of choice for commercial training providers globally.
Arlo has been developed as the definitive tool to run a training operation, helping our clients save time, grow sales and transform the way their training is delivered. With customers in over 70 countries and processing over $1b, Arlo is the realisation of that vision.
That success is put down to a combination of super talented and passionate individuals, who never stop pushing the envelope and with the single-minded focus to make training management easy and accessible.
Our offices boast magnificent views of the river, offers easy access to cafes and best of all, the parking is free!
What you’ll do
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced organisation which recognises the critical importance the test team plays in the success of the business. You will be a key member of a small and dynamic team and work closely with the developers.
We are looking for a software tester with at least two years of experience testing web applications who has excellent manual testing and documentation skills. You must be passionate about creating high quality software, have a keen attention to detail and love developing and implementing structured and detailed test plans. You will be excited by the prospect of working within an agile environment and using the latest testing tools available.
You will work with the Test Lead and be responsible for:
- Testing changes arising from new development work and releases
- Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies arising from testing
- Developing and execution of written test plans and test cases
- Responding to technical support requests
- A highly motivated and passionate person who wants to be part of a team of high achievers
- Hard working, willing to do what needs to be done when the pressure is on
- Someone who knows how to have fun and interacts well on a personal level; team fit is important.
- Have a passion for keeping up with the latest technology
- An excellent communicator
Skills & experience
We are seeking someone with:
- A tertiary qualification with excellent grades
- At least one year of commercial experience in web application testing
- Excellent manual testing practices along with experience in creating testing documentation and plans
- Experience with creating automated UI tests with a framework such as Selenium
- Excellent written English
- Problem solver/solutions-focused attitude
- A passion for keeping up with the latest technology in all aspects of software development
- Willing to do what needs to be done when the pressure is on
Experience in any of the following would be an advantage, but is not essential:
- Experience working within an agile development process
- Experience with build environments and PowerShell
- Experience testing APIs
- Experience testing Mobile Applications