A bit about us
Arlo is an award-winning global business with HQ in Wellington, New Zealand and offices in the UK and Canada.
We believe that human interaction is still at the heart of effective learning. Blend that philosophy with the latest elearning tech, Arlo is fast becoming the preferred solution of choice for commercial training providers globally.
Arlo has been developed as the definitive tool to run a training operation, helping our clients save time, grow sales and transform the way their training is delivered. With customers in over 70 countries and processing over $1b since conception, Arlo is the realisation of that vision.
That success is put down to a combination of super talented and passionate individuals, who never stop pushing the envelope and with the single-minded focus to make training management easy and accessible.
What you’ll do
As the Site Reliability Engineer for Arlo, you will help our engineers to be successful in developing and maintaining a highly available and resilient platform. You will collaborate with the wider team to build operability into everything we do, creating a scalable, secure and maintainable infrastructure that will scale both for performance and maintainability. You will find bottlenecks in the current process, and work to remove them.
- Working on production infrastructure, reliability monitoring, and coordinating incident responses
- Automation of infrastructure, builds and deployments at Arlo
- The continual improvement of our DevOps processes, including investigating and recommending new technologies, and implementing changes to our existing technologies and infrastructure.
- Enhancing our use of SIEM and other diagnostic/security tooling, and recommending additional technologies
- Incident response during UK daytime hours
Experience & qualifications
A minimum of 4 years in an SRE or DevOps position with responsibilities for managing a production system and diagnosing/fixing the various problems that occur in those systems.
You will have experience working with/in:
- An AWS environment
- Containerised applications and microservices
- Microsoft deployment stack, including .NET, Windows Server, IIS, SQL Server
- Server Deployment/Management automation from code
In addition you will:
- Have a solid understanding of networking services and concepts, including hands on troubleshooting experience
- Have programming language competency with C# and Powershell
Experience in any of the following would be an advantage, but is not essential:
- Experience with Security Compliance and Architecture
- Experience with Azure DevOps builds
- Experience using AWS Cloud Formation to automate infrastructure roll-out
- Experience with DataDog
- Experience with Azure AppInsights and Azure AD
Skills & qualifications:
- Educated to degree level preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate data into insights.
- The ability to work independently is a must – this is a fully remote role with the Development Team based in New Zealand (flexibility for occasional after hours calls with New Zealand).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a passion for keeping up with the latest technology in all aspects of DevOps
- Excellent time management skills to identify and communicate risks early that may affect the achievement of key milestones
- Hard working, willing to do what needs to be done when the pressure is on
- Someone who knows how to have fun and interacts well on a personal level.
- Results-driven mentality, self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a “can do” attitude.
|Achievement||Driving high standards for accomplishment; working hard to meet or exceed challenging goals; deriving satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.|
|Building relationships and partnerships with internal and external customers to collaboratively execute business strategies; ensuring that the customer|
perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities.
|Knowledge sharing||Actively sharing and contributing own knowledge, skills and expertise to|
support the development of others.
|Awareness of one’s personal development areas, strengths and weaknesses, to be able to identify stress/emotional triggers, and motivators; understanding the importance of personal brand and how the perception of others can impact on working relationships.|
|Problem solving||Make informed decisions and calculated risks to resolve arising problems with the ability to reflect and learn from previous experiences and key outcomes, both good and bad.|