Technical Product Owner required at our award-winning, global SaaS company.
- Join a Kiwi success story that’s growing fast
- Innovative team with a strong focus on design and top-notch code
- Take responsibility for the team’s backlog, prioritisation and delivery and help shape the learning tech of the future!
If you’re a sharp, experienced product owner with a solid SaaS background, it’s time you got in touch! Exciting opportunity for a talented individual to streamline the execution of our product delivery.
A bit about Arlo!
Here at Arlo, we believe that human interaction is still at the heart of effective learning. Blend that philosophy with the latest elearning tech, Arlo is fast becoming the preferred solution of choice for commercial training providers globally. and you’ve got the ultimate recipe to bake knowledge in.
Arlo has been developed as the definitive tool to run a training operation, helping our clients save time, grow sales and transform the way their training is delivered. With customers in over 70 countries and processing over $1b, Arlo is the realisation of that vision.
That success is put down to a combination of super talented and passionate individuals, who never stop pushing the envelope and with the single-minded focus to make training management easy and accessible.
Based a little way down State Highway 2 from Wellington, in the little known tech hub of Lower Lutt, our office boasts magnificent views of the river, offer easy access to cafes’ and best of all, the parking is free.
About the role
Take responsibility for defining user stories, clarifying requirements and driving priorities to streamline the execution of our product delivery. This role will suit someone who is technical, as the role will be instrumental in writing detailed functional and technical specifications, that will need to be communicated and understood by our world-class development team.
You be responsible for:
- Contributing to the product vision and making sure what we build, delivers value early.
- Analysing feature proposals and how they may or may not fit with the existing product.
- The overall solution design and specifications, in collaboration with Arlo’s UX designer and wider stakeholders.
- Breaking down both features and user stories into sprint ‘ready’ units of work.
- Owning and maintaining the development backlog, its prioritisation and execution.
- Defining and enforcing acceptance criteria.
- Ultimately responsible for acting as scrum master, by championing the sprint process and making sure we deliver what we say on time.
- Working collaboratively with the development team and wider business to make sure we are delivering the greatest value, early to our customers.
- Work with the product and support teams to ensure successful delivery of features to the market.
- Reporting into the Head of Product
Experience & qualifications
- 3+ years product owner experience within the IT industry. We will consider experienced software business analysts (a qualified Business Analyst would be even better) or engineers who have had product owner-related responsibilities.
- Hands-on experience in software development process, working directly with lead engineers, testers and non-technical stakeholders in a scrum framework.
- Experience working with and engaging people from all areas of the business; sales, marketing, development, QA, support and finance
- Experience in software and process design with an ability to translate feature requests into well-defined user stories
- Tertiary qualification
Product and clients
Arlo is an award-winning, industry-leading software company that is transforming the way companies run their training business.
Clients include high profile organisations such as PricewaterhouseCoopers, Thomson Reuters, The University of Auckland, Victoria University, Opus, and Pearson.
Check out our website and sign-up to a trial. We are keen to know what you think.
- Competitive salary package
- Lower Hutt’s our gig and we offer the best view from our offices overlooking the Hutt River.
- Great sized workspace, dual 4K monitor setup.
- We have an active social club, regular massage days, a weekly basketball game and regular poker and board game nights.
- Provide a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and skills
- You must be eligible to work in New Zealand on a full time, permanent basis, be living in NZ at the moment, and be available to attend interviews in Wellington