This is a unique opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing SaaS company at the forefront of web technology, and to play a key role in the future technology decisions of the business.
We are looking for a C# expert to lead our back-end team who has played a hands-on role in the leadership and development of key projects. Someone who is an exceptional developer with skills extending into software architecture, with experience in technical leadership, communicating with stakeholders and guiding other developers in the team.
Team and cultural fit are very important. You will need to have a strong work ethic and loads of initiative, be a team player and enjoy contributing to and debating ideas.
- Leading technical development of key back-end (C#) features, including mentoring other team members involved in delivering those features.
- Playing a key role in transitioning Arlo’s back-end and helping champion a move from monolith architecture to microservices.
- Providing oversight and direction to development staff consistent with Arlo’s policies and procedures.
- Consciously creating a workplace culture emphasising the mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of Arlo.
- Fostering a spirit of teamwork and unity among development staff that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity.
- Leading staff to meet the expectations for productivity, quality, continuous improvement, and goal accomplishment.
- Working with the product owner, architect and front-end lead developer in planning and designing new features.
- Hands-on involvement in application development, testing and deployment activities.
- Promoting a focus on DevOps during design, development and deployment.
- The continual improvement of internal processes, including Q/A, code reviews, and improving our CI systems.
- Assist in growing the team by sourcing and recruiting professionals to join the team.
Skills & experience
We are seeking someone who has:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with at least 2 years of experience as a lead developer, technical lead, or similar role.
- A track record of the technical design and delivery of high performance software applications in a SaaS and cloud environment.
- Experience communicating with stakeholders across all levels.
- Team motivation and engagement attitude.
- Experience in a B2B SaaS company or implementing or integrating with SaaS applications.
- Working knowledge of transitioning monolith architecture to microservices
- Experience with containerised and serverless microservices/API design
- DevOps experience on AWS or Azure – using CI or CD
- .NET Core, async C# code development, WebAPI, SQL Server 2017.
- Analytical, big picture thinker, loves application lifecycle management, DevOps, and architectural practices.
- A good communicator with the ability to help motivate other developers and create a dynamic and cohesive team.
- Able to work under pressure and can identify and communicate risks early that may affect the achievement of key milestones.
- Self-reliant, can make the hard decisions and work well within a reasonably flat org structure.
- Thrives in a constant learning and skill development environment.
A bit about us
Arlo is an award-winning global business based in Wellington and London.
Here at Arlo, we believe that human interaction is still at the heart of effective learning. Blend that philosophy with the latest elearning tech, Arlo is fast becoming the preferred solution for commercial training providers globally.
Arlo has been developed as the definitive tool to run a training operation, helping our clients save time, grow sales and transform the way their training is delivered. With customers in over 70 countries and processing over $1b since conception, Arlo is the realisation of that vision.
That success is put down to a combination of super talented and passionate individuals, who never stop pushing the envelope and a single-minded focus to make training management easy and accessible.
Checkout www.arlo.co/careers and take Arlo for a spin at www.arlo.co/register.
Soon to be Petone, Wellington. It’s a stunning waterfront location that’s just 5 minutes from the train station and will be decked out with the latest tech and comforts. Until then, our current office is in Lower Hutt and boast magnificent views of the river.
Provide a cover letter and copy of your CV.