A bit more about us
Arlo is an award-winning global business with our HQ in Wellington, New Zealand and offices in the UK and Canada.
We believe that human interaction is still at the heart of effective learning. Blending that philosophy with the latest elearning tech, Arlo is fast becoming the preferred solution of choice for commercial training providers globally.
Arlo has been developed as the definitive tool to run a training operation, helping our clients save time, grow sales and transform the way their training is delivered. With customers in over 70 countries and processing over $1B since conception, Arlo is the realisation of that vision.
While our customers are as critical to our success as we are to theirs, our people are the heart and soul of Arlo. We aren’t just a group of people who work together. We connect and care about each other. We have fun and we work through the challenges together. We are committed to providing an excellent working environment that supports a balance between work, family and personal life while still driving productivity and connection.
What you’ll do
As the IT & Security Engineer, you will play a critical role in ensuring we have the IT we need to do great work, employ good security practices, meet our contractual and compliance obligations, and protect our customers’ data as well as our own. You will also be managing and supported by our external IT services provider to securely manage our accounts and devices. You’ll take a proactive approach and apply your excellent problem-solving skills with a customer-centric mindset, always striving to deliver exceptional service to the business.
You will be responsible for:
- Helping maintain pragmatic information security practices at Arlo, so that we effectively and efficiently manage our IT services, devices, network, and infrastructure.
- Leading the implementation of the Information Security Roadmap for Arlo’s corporate IT.
- Acting as an advocate for good security and privacy practices, raising awareness, delivering training and providing advice to staff.
- Monitoring internal and external security platforms, investigating alerts raised from those platforms and performing root cause analysis if appropriate.
- Applying a continuous improvement approach to our IT security platforms, including management of access, security configuration, network security policy, backup and disaster recovery processes, etc.
- Participating in the continuous improvement and operation of our security incident and breach response process.
- Implementing and maintaining a zero-trust security framework encompassing production systems, cloud services, internal networks, WFH devices, and remote staff.
- Working with the CISO, CTO and DevOps engineers to ensure a consistent privacy and data security posture across both Arlo’s corporate IT and global production infrastructure.
- Management of regular protocols for maintaining Arlo’s information security compliance, including internal and external penetration tests, maintaining security checklists, reporting requirements, and system audits.
- Liaising with vendors to implement security solutions.
- Working with the sales, support and success teams to respond to customer and prospect queries regarding our information security processes.
- Maintaining technical process documentation and staff training material on privacy, data security processes, and IT operations.
Experience & Capabilities
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in managing modern IT environments.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in cyber security.
- Practical experience with cloud solutions such as Microsoft 365, Google, Azure, and AWS.
- Experience managing and securing a Microsoft Windows-based IT network with hybrid cloud infrastructure and remote staff.
- Practical experience in managing corporate IT devices using an MDM solution such as Intune.
- Experience using SIEM tooling such as Microsoft Sentinel, incident management systems such as PagerDuty, and cloud monitoring tools such as DataDog.
Good knowledge of core concepts including (but not limited to)
- identity and access management
- logging and monitoring
- infrastructure/cloud security
- vulnerability management
- infrastructure as code
- security by design
- secure coding practices
- zero-trust principles
- data loss prevention
- principles of privacy, such as those encapsulated in GDPR
- Experience with the use of ISO/IEC 27001, NIST CSF, NZISM, CIS or other standards and frameworks
Skills & qualifications
- Educated to degree level preferred but not essential.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate data into insights.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – the ability to work effectively with, and positively influence your immediate team and wider business.
- Comfort in a startup environment where you need to move quickly and wear many hats.
- Results-driven mentality, self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a “can do” attitude.
What we can offer you
As well as a competitive salary and the typical perks you’d expect from a tech company (free soft drinks, flash coffee machine, fresh fruit and on-site massages), one of the best things about Arlo is our people. You’ll join an inclusive, diverse and supportive team with talented people from across the globe.
We also have:
- A flexible and hybrid working environment
- A brand new office on the Petone promenade – coming soon!
- Birthday leave
- Career opportunities with a strong record for promoting internally
- Access to Perkbox employee benefits platform
- Free flu jabs
- Access to EAP
- Employee referral bonuses
Please apply now with your CV and a cover letter letting us know a bit about you and what you would bring to the role. We are reviewing applications as we go, so apply today.