Accountant required at our award-winning, global SaaS company.
- Join a Kiwi success story: 70+ countries, $100m+ transactions PA
- Work with a team of experienced, passionate, and talented individuals
- Manage a broad range of financial and HR responsibilities
If you’re a sharp, experienced accountant, with leadership skills, it’s time you got in touch!
What you’ll do
As the Finance Manager of a rapidly growing, global operation, you will own all financial aspects of the business. It is a diverse role where you will be able to use your full set of skills; from building and maintaining a comprehensive budgeting and forecasting model, to providing strategic input at planning sessions, right down to managing the day-to-day accounting and tax operations of the business.
We’re in an exciting phase, having experienced strong growth over the last five years. Our plans involve going into the US market and continuing to grow in Europe and the UK. This means you’ll get loads of variety, mixed in with some exciting challenges!
You’ll need to be comfortable doing hands-on work as well as the big-picture stuff, as our finance team isn’t large.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare financial reports with commentary, e.g. P&L, Balance Sheet, Forecast, Cashflow.
- Manage annual budgeting & monthly forecasting.
- Review and analyse financial data, e.g. pricing.
- Liaise with external accountants to complete Annual Accounts and Tax return.
- Manage and evolve sales’ commission plans and payments.
- Contribute to the management team’s planning for financial growth.
- Ensure employment contracts are in line with best practice and comply with the law (NZ, UK).
- Continually streamline the accounting function within the organisation.
- Question and monitor internal controls.
- Establish and maintain financial Policies and Procedures.
- Manage and support an ‘Accounts Administrator’ with their responsibilities, which include:
- Bank reconciliations
- Accounts payable & receivable
- Monthly payroll (Smart Payroll + liaising with UK service provider)
- Cash management
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- GST (NZ, Australia) & UK VAT returns
- Manage Arlo’s professional development programme and budget.
- Oversee Arlo’s recruitment processes, including support managers recruitment of new staff.
- Manage staff induction processes.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years accounting
- Line management of accounting staff
- HR / employment management (nice to have, but we’ll help you upskill if needed)
Skills & qualifications
- Professional qualification such as ACA/CA or similar, with a relevant degree.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; You need to be able to develop and manage complex models.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate data into insights.
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to challenge leaders within the business.
- Excellent understanding of the entire accounting function within an organisation.
- Proficient user of Accounting Software (we use Xero).
- Have a strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices and concepts.
- Results-driven mentality, self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a “can do” attitude.
- Well organised and driven to achieve deadlines.
- Someone who knows how to have fun and interacts well on a personal level; team fit is important.
- Comfort in a startup environment where you need to move quickly and wear many hats.
A bit about Arlo!
Arlo is an award-winning global business based in Wellington and London.
Here at Arlo, we believe that human interaction is still at the heart of effective learning. Blend that philosophy with the latest elearning tech, Arlo is fast becoming the preferred solution of choice for commercial training providers globally.
Arlo has been developed as the definitive tool to run a training operation, helping our clients save time, grow sales and transform the way their training is delivered. With customers in over 70 countries and processing over $1b since conception, Arlo is the realisation of that vision.
That success is put down to a combination of super talented and passionate individuals, who never stop pushing the envelope and with the single-minded focus to make training management easy and accessible.
Soon to be Petone, Wellington (the silicon valley of NZ).
Our current offices are in Lower Hutt and boast magnificent views of the river, offer easy access to cafes’ and best of all, the parking is free!
- Provide a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and skills
- Apply as soon as possible and no later than Monday 18th November.