What you’ll do
As an Intermediate Developer at Arlo, you will be responsible for implementing new features on our existing enterprise SaaS product.
This includes ensuring modern best practices are followed in regard to coding standards, software architecture, automation for testing and deployment, and Agile methodologies. This involves collaborating extensively with all team members, including Developers, Test Analysts and the Product team to understand the business objectives, and technical requirements and determine the best way to deliver the solution.
- Technical development of key features.
- Looking after our customers by managing technical support requests, diagnostics, and bug fixes
- Promoting modern industry design patterns, development principles, and security standards
- Recommending improvements to internal processes, including code reviews, testing, and delivery
- Collaborating with stakeholders to design, plan and develop new product features
- Identifying, communicating and addressing risks and concerns proactively
- Participating in our rotating 24/7 on-call roster, ensuring the security, health, and reliability of our platform
Experience & Capabilities
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the design, development, and deployment of complex, multi-tenanted systems based on the Microsoft stack
- Experience with multiple front-end technologies including Vue, ExtJs, Knockout, jQuery, CSS/SASS
- Understanding of dependency injection, IoC concepts, unit and integration testing, and SOLID principles
- It would be an advantage to have
- DevOps and CloudFormation as core concepts of modern development
- Cloud technologies such as Microservices, ECR, Lambdas, SQS
- Knowledge of SQL Server queries and stored procedures
Nice to have (but not essential) experience with:
- Azure Application Insights
- Microsoft Sentinel
A bit about us
Arlo is an award-winning global business with HQ in Wellington, New Zealand and offices in the UK and Canada.
This role is primarily based in our brand new water-front office in Petone, Wellington – coffee with ocean views is incomparable – with flexibility to choose where you work from 2 days a week.
We believe that human interaction is still at the heart of effective learning. Blend that philosophy with the latest elearning tech, Arlo is fast becoming the preferred solution of choice for commercial training providers globally.
Arlo has been developed as the definitive tool to run a training operation, helping our clients save time, grow sales and transform the way their training is delivered. With customers in over 70 countries and processing over $1b since conception, Arlo is the realisation of that vision.
That success is put down to a combination of super talented and passionate individuals, who never stop pushing the envelope and with the single-minded focus to make training management easy and accessible.
Please apply now by sending your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know a bit about you and what you would bring to the role.
We are reviewing applications as we go, so apply today!
We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging, and lifting our cultural capability. You don’t need to be knowledgeable in these areas, but you do need to be on board with learning. And please let us know in your application if we need to make specific accommodations during our process.