Platform and Security Team Lead
Wellington, New Zealand
A bit about us
Arlo is an award-winning global business with HQ in Wellington, New Zealand and offices in the UK and Canada.
This role is primarily based in our brand new water-front office in Petone, Wellington – coffee with ocean views is incomparable – with flexibility to choose where you work from 2 days a week.
We believe that human interaction is still at the heart of effective learning. Blend that philosophy with the latest elearning tech, Arlo is fast becoming the preferred solution of choice for commercial training providers globally.
Arlo has been developed as the definitive tool to run a training operation, helping our clients save time, grow sales and transform the way their training is delivered. With customers in over 70 countries and processing over $1b since conception, Arlo is the realisation of that vision.
That success is put down to a combination of super talented and passionate individuals, who never stop pushing the envelope and with the single-minded focus to make training management easy and accessible.
What you’ll do
As a Team Lead of Platform and Security, you will inspire your team in a way that builds commitment and motivates them to achieve high performance and excellence. Your team’s primary objective is to optimize and deliver value to our customers that are strategically aligned with our Technology roadmap and company vision.
Applying SCRUM/Agile principles with a pragmatic approach while engaging with key stakeholders is critical to ensure the team is focused on and aligned with the current priorities. A desire for continuous improvement with a positive and self-reliant attitude is essential to meet the expectations around the productivity, cohesion, and happiness of each individual in your team, including yourself.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensure the team is continuously developing and has learning and development plans in place for the skills we need now and in the future
- Find and retain great people, building on and complementing the diversity of our team.
- Role model our values and set clear expectations by giving clear and honest feedback, and promptly address any performance or behaviour issues
- Focus on software delivery metrics, with an emphasis on identifying and coaching the team to implement changes to ensure high performance
- Ensure your team’s delivery pipeline is flowing at a predictable and sustainable pace, raising and addressing blockers as appropriate.
- Ensure the health of all the team products is well understood by the team, discoverable by the wider organization, and able to be addressed, should problems occur.
- Guide team development efforts toward successful project delivery.
- Working with Product peers and your team, assist in the development of roadmaps and plans that effectively and efficiently deliver business outcomes.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders to develop a high-performing cross-functional leadership team at the pod level.
What you’ll bring
- 4 years experience in leading engineering teams using agile techniques
- Excellent understating of modern technologies, Security Engineering, or Platform Engineering
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication across all levels, including internal and external clients or vendors.
- Strong experience in driving teams to deliver complex pieces of work.
- Strong experience in building high-performing teams, and understanding what motivates and drives people.
- Experience building and delivering engineering growth pathways.
- Experience in Performance and Behavioural Management
- Comfort in a startup environment where you need to move quickly and wear many hats.
- Results-driven mentality, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and with a “can do” attitude.
Nice to have (but not essential) experience with:
- Azure Application Insights
- Microsoft Sentinel
Please apply now with your CV and a cover letter letting us know a bit about you and what you would bring to the role. We are reviewing applications as we go, so apply today.