Automation Test Engineer
Wellington, New Zealand
A bit about us
Arlo is an award-winning global business with HQ in Wellington, New Zealand and offices in the UK and Canada.
This role is primarily based in our brand new water-front office in Petone, Wellington – coffee with ocean views is incomparable – with flexibility to choose where you work from 2 days a week.
We believe that human interaction is still at the heart of effective learning. Blend that philosophy with the latest elearning tech, Arlo is fast becoming the preferred solution of choice for commercial training providers globally.
Arlo has been developed as the definitive tool to run a training operation, helping our clients save time, grow sales and transform the way their training is delivered. With customers in over 70 countries and processing over $1b since conception, Arlo is the realisation of that vision.
That success is put down to a combination of super talented and passionate individuals, who never stop pushing the envelope and with the single-minded focus to make training management easy and accessible.
What you’ll do
As an Automation Engineer at Arlo, you will be responsible for feature delivery by designing and carrying out test processes for changes to our SaaS product. This includes assuring the testability of requirements, analyzing results, creating and maintaining automated tests, and identifying and reporting problems. This involves collaborating extensively to understand the business objectives, and technical requirements and determine the best way to verify the solution.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining automated tests.
- Triage and investigate automated test failures.
- Testing changes arising from new development work and ongoing maintenance
- Ensuring overall application stability and functionality by regression testing releases
- Developing and executing or overseeing written test plans including manual test cases
- Documenting test results and adjusting the regression coverage and documentation as needed
- Researching issues identified by our Customer Experience (CX) Team to confirm expected behavior
What you’ll bring
- A minimum of 2 years of commercial experience testing an enterprise level web-based SaaS product.
- Excellent manual testing practices and experience in creating testing documentation and plans.
- Ensuring quality is maintained throughout a multi-staged release process into production.
- Solid understanding of Web platforms including HTTP, REST, Debugging basics
- Using Azure DevOps or Atlassian Jira for workstream collaboration and management.
- It would be an advantage to have experience in:
- Testing mobile applications.
- Performance and/or security testing.
- Scripting with the command line and PowerShell.
- Creating automated UI tests using Cypress or similar.
Nice to have (but not essential) experience with:
- Azure Application Insights
- Microsoft Sentinel
Please apply now with your CV and a cover letter letting us know a bit about you and what you would bring to the role. We are reviewing applications as we go, so apply today.