Quality Assurance Team Leader
Wellington, New Zealand
A bit about us
Arlo is an award-winning global business with HQ in Wellington, New Zealand and offices in the UK and Canada.
This role is primarily based in our brand new water-front office in Petone, Wellington – coffee with ocean views is incomparable – with flexibility to choose where you work from 2 days a week.
We believe that human interaction is still at the heart of effective learning. Blend that philosophy with the latest elearning tech, Arlo is fast becoming the preferred solution of choice for commercial training providers globally.
Arlo has been developed as the definitive tool to run a training operation, helping our clients save time, grow sales and transform the way their training is delivered. With customers in over 70 countries and processing over $1b since conception, Arlo is the realisation of that vision.
That success is put down to a combination of super talented and passionate individuals, who never stop pushing the envelope and with the single-minded focus to make training management easy and accessible.
What you’ll do
As a QA Team Lead at Arlo, you will inspire your team in a way that builds commitment and motivates them to achieve high performance and excellence. Your team’s primary objective is to ensure the quality of our SaaS product is maintained and improved as we build new features, increase security and modernise our codebase.
This includes executing strategic initiatives to increase the efficiency and speed of our quality assurance processes by working closely with the Developers and Product team to understand how to maximise the value that we can deliver to our customers. This role will involve a mix of long-term strategy, people management, technical leadership, and hands-on manual and automation testing.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensure the team is continuously developing and has learning and development plans in place for the skills we need now and in the future
- Find and retain great people, building on and complementing the diversity of our team.
- Role model our values and set clear expectations by giving clear and honest feedback, and promptly address any performance or behaviour issues
- Ensure our testing processes are following a sustainable automation approach.
- Building automated test suites for new features in our server-side application and for our front-end web and mobile applications.
- Design and execution of test plans (including manual test cases) arising from new development work and ongoing maintenance.
- Detecting, tracking, documenting, and reporting on software defects and inconsistencies arising from testing.
- Collaborating with the Development teams to improve our product quality.
- Represent the QA team at all stages of our development process, including feature planning and estimation, design, implementation, and code reviews (if relevant) to ensure quality is continually considered.
What you’ll bring
- A minimum of 5 years of commercial experience testing an enterprise-level web-based SaaS product.
- A track record of stakeholder management and communication across all levels, including internal and external clients or vendors.
- Experience creating and maintaining automated end-to-end UI tests using Cypress,or a similar test automation framework.
- Excellent manual testing practices and experience in creating testing documentation and plans.
- Using CI/CD pipelines to manage deployments in QA environments.
- Scripting with the command line and PowerShell.
- Performance and/or security testing.
- It would be an advantage to have experience in:
- Working in a hybrid/remote environment.
- Testing integrations with 3rd parties
- Testing mobile applications.
Nice to have (but not essential) experience with:
- Azure Application Insights
- Microsoft Sentinel
Please apply now with your CV and a cover letter letting us know a bit about you and what you would bring to the role. We are reviewing applications as we go, so apply today.