A bit about us
Arlo is an award-winning global business with our HQ in Wellington, New Zealand, and offices in the UK and Canada.
This role is primarily based in our brand new water-front office in Petone, Wellington – coffee with ocean views is incomparable – with flexibility to choose where you work from 2 days a week.
We believe that human interaction is still at the heart of effective learning. Blending that philosophy with the latest e-learning tech, Arlo is fast becoming the preferred solution of choice for commercial training providers globally.
Arlo has been developed as the definitive tool to run a training operation, helping our clients save time, grow sales and transform how their training is delivered. With customers in over 70 countries and processing over $1B since conception, Arlo is the realization of that vision.
While our customers are as critical to our success as we are to theirs, our people are the heart and soul of Arlo. We aren’t just a group of people who work together. We connect and care about each other. We have fun and we work through the challenges together. We are committed to providing an excellent working environment supporting a balance between work, family, and personal life while driving productivity and connection.
What you’ll do
As the Lead Platform Engineer, you will help in establishing, building, and ensuring that Arlo’s platform and customers are safe and secure. You will help pave the way for Security at Arlo, with hands-on problem-solving and educating our developers in building modern and adaptable security services. You are a team player and get to work with a small tight-knit group of amazing engineers in our waterfront office
You will be responsible for:
- Develop and deliver the Platform Roadmap in collaboration with PSE, CTO, CISO, Senior Platform Engineers, and other peers and stakeholders
- Align our practices with relevant industry best practices and trends, and ensure we keep our platform modern, fast, secure and reliable
- Mentor the development team on best practices and improving automation of manual development processes.
- Coach and mentor platform engineers to progress in their growth pathways
- Lead the technical direction for Arlo’s platform, in line with business, security, and privacy requirements
- Lead scalability, architecture & design concerns for production environments
- Lead design for Infrastructure as Code (IaC) scripts.
- Maintain tools for continuous integration of code across development and production
- Develop and maintain continuous delivery pipelines to enable Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Modernise the current SQL servers into a modern cloud solution and containerization AWS solution architecture
- Automate, automate, automate.
- Lead Reliability best practices across engineering teams
- Set monitoring and metrics standards across engineering teams
- Give advice and guidance on issues and problems with systems and software, coordinating incident responses, performing root cause analysis, and implementing mitigating actions.
- Ensure problems are diagnosed and resolved promptly
- Ensure the stable performance of the systems through the monitoring, analysis, identification, and resolution of issues
- Participating in our rotating 24/7 on-call roster, ensuring the security, health, and reliability of our platform.
What you’ll bring
- At least 5 years of cloud architecture experience
- Expertise working in an AWS environment, using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Experience with running global cloud platforms at scale
- Experience with site reliability engineering
- Experience working with build and release pipelines.
- Experience working closely in engineering teams, participating in design and code review processes from a DevOps and security perspective, and cutting code when necessary.
- Experience working with a Microsoft deployment stack, including .NET, Windows Server, IIS, SQL Server.
Nice to have (but not essential) experience with:
- Microsoft Sentinel
- Azure Application Insights
Please apply now with your CV and a cover letter letting us know a bit about you and what you would bring to the role. We are reviewing applications as we go, so apply today.